Many faculty members choose to place material on reserve in order to ensure that all students in the class have access. Watch a short video to learn how to find and borrow course reserves.
Search by course ID, instructor name, or search for the specific item you're looking for.
How do I locate Reserve material?
- Search by Instructor or Course Number and find the call number in the library catalog.
- Bring the call number to the 2nd Floor Information/Check-Out Desk.
- The friendly people working at the Information/Check-Out Desk will retrieve reserve items and check them out to you.
How long may I borrow items on Reserve?
- Loan periods are determined by the instructor and vary from 2 hours to 1 day.
Where should Reserve materials be returned?
- Return all Reserve materials to the 2nd floor Information/Check-Out Desk.
- If the library is closed, return Print Reserves to the 2nd floor book drop at the top of the ramp. Return Multimedia Reserves to the book drop labeled Media in the breezeway in front of Charlie Brown's Cafe on the first floor.
May I place a hold or renew items on Reserve?
- There are NO holds or renewals on Reserve items.
- Return the item on time, and if you need it again, you may retrieve it half hour after it is returned.
How much are overdue fines for Reserve materials?
- Fines for Reserve materials are $1.00 an hour or $5.00 a day.
- There is no grace period for reserve items.
- Library and campus privileges are restricted when over $50 in fines is accrued.
- You are responsible for all library materials checked out on your card.
I'm a faculty member and would like to place items on reserve for my class. How do I do that?
- You can fill out Placing Items on Reserve online.