Assistive technology workstations are available to SSU students, staff and faculty only.
The library has four workstations equipped with assistive technology:
- First Floor - Schulz 1025 (Two Workstations)
- Second Floor - South (Two Workstations)
Each accessible workstation in the University Library has the following assistive technology hardware and software:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (Speech Recognition Software)
- Read&Write (Text-to-Speech Software)
- JAWS (Screen Reader Software)
- Zoomtext (Screen Magnification Software)
- Height-Adjustable Tables
- Document Scanners
- Large Monitors
A larger AsTech Lab is located in IT, on the 1st floor, south. These workstations and training in their use are supported by Disability Services for Students (DSS). Contact DSS at 4-2677 to make an appointment.
Additional computing and equipment
- All the computers in the library have basic ability to magnify screens.
- Headphones are available to check out from the Information/Check-Out Desk on the 2d floor.
- Scanners with OCR software are available on the 2d floor. Instruction in the use of the scanning software is available by appointment. Contact DSS at 4-2677 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A wireless network is available for laptop access, although if you are not a current SSU student, you will need to register with IT (M-F 8-5) for a temporary 1-week login.
- The Information/Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor has several magnifiers to loan.
Printing and photocopying
- Printing and photocopying are available for ten cents per page. Color copies are $1 per page.
- Assistance with printing and/or photocopying can be provided at the Information/Check-Out Desk or the 1st floor Tech Help desk.
If more than 10 minutes is required for such assistance, (and depending how busy the desk is), the user may be referred to DSS or asked to make an appointment.
- The library offers a variety of seating, tables and study areas.
- Each of the instructional labs has several worktables that adjust in height.